In the early 1950s many of the members had moved out of Cambridge to the towns of Arlington, Belmont, and Lexington. Needing more Sunday School space, the church again searched for land. In 1958, they purchased 41 acres off Allen Street in Lexington, and started construction in 1964. On May 1,1966, the first services were held in the new church building in Lexington; the church now renamed Trinity Covenant Church.
When you ask people in Lexington about Trinity Covenant Church, many have no idea that it exists or where it is. How did this beautiful campus come to be so hidden? With a map and some history, the story becomes clear. In the early 1960s a plan to connect Route 3 (from New Hampshire) with Route 2 called for building Worthen Road, from Bedford Street to Pleasant Street. The church's building committee planned for Trinity Covenant Church to be along that main road. Worthen Road and Worthen Road East remain as vestiges of that plan, but the connection between them was never built.
The church location notwithstanding, the congregation grew beyond its Swedish roots to represent the diversity of metropolitan Boston. But the church retained its original commitment to faith, community and mission and attracted people from Lexington and many other surrounding communties. This faith community became known for its love and care for each other and its neighbors. The church became known for its outsized impact, forming a long-serving ministry to those with mental and emotional challenges and providing care and compassion through in-person missions in Mexico and Uganda.